Day 32: Cartography/ For the Ones Looking for Meaning

 


"We are the map makers, 

tracing lines of a land that others cannot see. The uncharted and the unresolved, 

there be dragons here. 

There be shadow and nightmare. 

There be wonders. There be more beauty 

than you can contain...

Come sail with me."


"God comes to us disguised as our life."

-Paula D'Arcy 


I too have always found deep meaning for my life within natural landscapes. 

A vast, wide open frozen tundra, where the harshness of the elements keeps me awake, the stillness let's me breathe in wonder, the almost blinding brightness let's me know my limit, while my feet still tread on spacious ground.


As Oscar Wilde said, go be yourself, everybody else is already taken. I truly am the only person who sees what I see, who feels what I feel, who can take in an experience and come away with an entirely different perspective than someone else in that same experience. 

Where the healing and redemption happens is when someone else reaches out their hand and says, "I see you. I will walk with you. Come sail with me."

This kind of hospitality begets more hospitality. More compassion for the other, for ourselves. Even though there are dragons and shadows, I know that my giftings are not just for myself, they are also for you. 

We need that Other Person to follow us around, opening our crumpled dreams on paper, and make new creations out of them.

I am worth sharing.

You are worth sharing.



Let this short film soak into your bones. Let the words ignite you and encourage you. 

"Cartography " by Joy Prouty, poem by Joel McKerrow

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Look into the sun as the new days rise

more work (and play) of summer

Deep and Wide / Crevice