Day 12: Rainbows and All the Light We Cannot See

 


Well, I've spent at least half of today trying to create a rainbow! And wouldn't you know it, it's quite hard for a human to create one. It's been pretty gloomy here in Portland, OR. So I thought why not try and create a rainbow in the place that I like the least?

My kitchen sink.

I played around with a flash light for A LONG TIME. But it's been so fun using my lense to soften and create beauty in my everyday mess. I'm really looking forward to experimenting more with this when the sun comes out. :)

But for now, as November is upon me, there's a prayer that I like to pray while I'm at my kitchen sink:

Let my work be my prayer, and my prayer my work. 


I'd like to include my instructor Joy's wisdom for chasing rainbows. This is wisdom that emerges after decades of practice, lessons for the soul without letting all the technicalities get in the way.


1. Keep your eyes fully open - practice the crucial art of paying attention. 


2. Look to the light. Lift your weary head.


3. Let the people be fully seen. To truly see someone is the greatest gift one can give and receive.


4. Stand in the light of the sun. Stand tall, Beloved.


5. The most flattering quality is gentleness. Release your clenched fists and rest.


6. Let your images be honest.


7. Focus on the people. Pay very close attention.


8. People become luminous in the mirror of the sun. Don't forget: YOU are their mirror.


9. Let no filter inhibit your view.


10. If you look long enough the beauty will appear.


11. Beauty takes time. Do not discouraged by the wait. 


12. Keep taking pictures.

13. Keep showing up.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Look into the sun as the new days rise

more work (and play) of summer

Kitchen Apocalypse 2012