Last Sunday



Once a month or so, I'm on the worship team at my local church. This past Sunday, I had the humbling vantage point of looking out among our relatively small body, and I saw that she was tired. We had begun to sing "Lean Back" by Capitol City Music ...

You will never leave

Her body softens

Your love sustaining me
Before I even knew what love was

She inhales

You've brought me here to rest
And given me space to breathe

She exhales

So I'll stay still until it sinks in

I AM THAT I AM

She is

I will lean back in the loving arms of a beautiful Father
Breathe deep and know that He is good
He's a love like no other

After the fall, her eyes are opened. Not a fall from grace, but a fall into grace. We must let go of this life to truly find it.

Now I can see Your love is better
Than all the others that I've seen

It's easy to breathe now.

I'm breathing deep all of your goodness
Your loving-kindness to me

Sustained by the eternal current of Christ's love for us, the good life is vibrant, calling us to freedom from ourselves. It's currents run over our rocky places, unhindered. 
Again, I look out and my eyes expand past the body of our mighty little church and onto the walls. On these walls hang the faces we love. Faces that speaks a thousand stories. Faces from India, Tibet, Philippines, Tunisia, Lithuania, Portugal, Chad...

I will lean back (He's got the whole world in his hands)
In the loving arms (He's got the whole world in his hands)
Of a beautiful Father (He's got the whole world in his hands)
Breathe deep and know that He is good (He's got the whole world in his hands)
He's a love like no other

The whole world leans back into the loving arms of a beautiful Father and finally breathes.
The rocks and oceans cry out. We feel the break.
We sing songs of truth and forgiveness to each other. Oh how I need it. Oh how we need it. 

Once a month or so, I'm on the worship team at my local church. Last Sunday I had the humble vantage point. The song ends, and we're not tired anymore. 
Today, I share once again the Good News to myself and to you.







Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Look into the sun as the new days rise

more work (and play) of summer

Kitchen Apocalypse 2012