Resurrection Eyes

Broken Hallelujahs/Lent 2019


I've been hearing Hallelujah (by Leonard Cohen) alot lately. Mostly because Amos is obsessed with the Sing soundtrack. I'm never prepared to hear it.
Amos quit hitting Nathanael!
I've never understood it.
Boys stop screaming!
Hallelujah.
Gosh I'm so tired and my neck hurts.
Broken Hallelujah.
Stop spitting.
Cold and broken Hallelujah.
The miracle is always in the Hallelujah to the One and Only. Dying and resurrecting all day long. Anything and Anyone can be made new.
...
These have been my Lenten thoughts this season. Lots of broken Hallelujahs. Lord may I have the courage to believe that everything I do matters.


Eastertide: New Life/1 1/2  months later


A season of health is upon me. Cultivated soil through the winter.
Dark.
Wet.
Tears.
Prayers.
Hallelujahs.
Grace grows gratitude for my Maker and the Maker in my sons.
Warmth.
Sun.
Rain.
Push.
Receive.
The Body of Christ sowing more seeds in my soil.
Family.
Calling forth.
Naming.
WAKE UP.
Pillars of remembrance.
Pillars to embrace.
Sunflowers, sweet peas and poppies. 
Neighbor.
I am open and soft. Awake, receiving and giving at once.
Lord let me not fall asleep.
Lord let me know in my deepest parts that there is so much worth fighting for.

Three things that woke me up recently: 
Weyes Blood "Movies"



Aretha Franklin "Amazing Grace"




"The Disciples of Emmaus" by Jean Paul Lemieux




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Look into the sun as the new days rise

more work (and play) of summer

Kitchen Apocalypse 2012