Day 9: Out-of-Focus Photographs as Symbols of Perseverance

 


I LOVED this assignment. Lucky for me, it's almost Halloween, and amos' costume worked out very nicely with David Bowie's "Space Oddity" track. 


"Ground Control to Major Tom
Ground Control to Major Tom
Take your protein pills and put your helmet on
Ground Control to Major Tom (ten, nine, eight, seven, six)
Commencing countdown, engines on (five, four, three)
Check ignition and may God's love be with you (two, one, liftoff)...

Here I am
Floating in a tin can
And I don't know what to do
And I don't know what to do
Except that God's love is with you
Here I am again
Despairing, desperate
for what? 
For You.
Find me here. You always do.
You found me in the Garden
Hiding in my tin can
Your grace can be too much sometimes 
I had to shield myself.
Why did you have to make me so magnificent? 
You sling me through space

I tumble and roll,

Born again on solid ground.

Comments

  1. Just watched Troop Zero recently. Fits so well. Thanks for sharing as always :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh how I love that movie. Thank you Amy :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Look into the sun as the new days rise

more work (and play) of summer

Kitchen Apocalypse 2012