Once a blog about a house, and still is.
Finding grace in unlikely places.
Processing current culture through the lense of the Gospel of Jesus.
Always balancing the tightrope of caring about this world, and not caring too much.
kitchen pre-apocolypse
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
-
Well. The day has finally come. Goodbye nasty, peely white cabinets. Goodbye fake floor. Goodbye tiny pantry. Goodbye formica counter tops. And hello to living off of take out food for the next 4 days/2 weeks!
For at least this past year, I've been wanting to try and put into words the beginning of a dream and how that dream became a reality. I'm not the best writer and I know that shouldn't matter but I always let it get in the way of me writing anything. The other struggle for me is that I have a lot of input in my life and not a lot of output. I love gathering information, thoughts, pictures, stories of purpose. But the thing is this, they're starting to get all muddled and I'm forgetting what their purpose was in the first place. And I really don't want to forget. I don't want to forget what my and my husband's dream was and how suddenly we've found ourselves doing a little bit of what we were made to do. So with this written piece of transition, this blog will take on a different purpose. Our house now is serving as a space for sabbaticals and rest for people involved in the never-ending work of the Gospel. These are people who have been sent out b...
Yep, that time of year, when we go out an buy a sad dead tree and stab it into a wobbly metal stand and wrap lights and shiny stuff from it. We got two, actually. Remember that book "Indian In The Cupboard"? Same idea, but with a nubian nativity. So, bring an ornament for the tree(s) next time you stop by. Make it personal, make sure it has your name written on it somehow, so we can remember it for always. Musical choices: n*sync, Nat king Cole, Louis Armstrong, BB king, et al. (Mostly the latter. Ben and I threw up on the computer after the third boy band Christmas craptacular song) posted from Bloggeroid
"We are the map makers, tracing lines of a land that others cannot see. The uncharted and the unresolved, there be dragons here. There be shadow and nightmare. There be wonders. There be more beauty than you can contain... Come sail with me." "God comes to us disguised as our life." -Paula D'Arcy I too have always found deep meaning for my life within natural landscapes. A vast, wide open frozen tundra, where the harshness of the elements keeps me awake, the stillness let's me breathe in wonder, the almost blinding brightness let's me know my limit, while my feet still tread on spacious ground. As Oscar Wilde said, go be yourself, everybody else is already taken. I truly am the only person who sees what I see, who feels what I feel, who can take in an experience and come away with an entirely different perspective than someone else in that same experience. Where the healing and redemption happens is when someone else reaches out the...
Comments
Post a Comment